On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:47:59PM +0100, takatunu wrote:
> How do you deal with verbs of elaboration and transformation?
>
> make: maker, thing made
> sculpt: sculpter, scultped material, sculpture
[snip]

The paradigm for these types of verbs usually employs the conveyant case
for the thing undergoing creation or transformation, and the receptive
case for the final product. Examples:

create: creator(org/instr), created thing(cvy)
make/build: builder(org/instr), raw materials(cvy), building(rcp)
	(you could understand these verbs to mean "mold X into Y")
sculpt: sculptor(org), material(cvy), sculpture(rcp)

People tell me I'm stubborn, but I refuse to accept it!