On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:22:39 -0500, Trebor Jung <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm interested in creating a wacky conlang, one with a crazy phonology,
morphology, and syntax. Any features I should think about - that are crazy,
unexplainable, or just weird?
How about using bizarre extra-linguistic features, like showing noun cases
by the degree of yelling/screaming and indicating verbal mood by the style
or color of one's hat (speakers would have to always be carrying a multi-
colored array of hats).  The phonology should contain quasi-musical
features such as falsetto voice, sudden two-octave drops in pitch, and long
glissandi over the course of a sentence.  Topicalization or focus could be
shown by jumping into the air.

--John Quijada