David Peterson scripsit:

> This is going to be a very vague question, but has anyone's phonology
> done something specifically with feet and metrics?   This would involve
> secondary stress, foot heads, foot building, extra-metrical syllables,
> prosodic word headedness, boundedness...   I just want some ideas.

Someone on the Unicode mailing list has just pointed out that
fuccative-infixation[*] can only happen at a foot boundary, which is
why we can have inde@#$#pendent but not [log in to unmask]

[*] The verb _fuccare_ is recorded in Latin, albeit Latin written by
anglophones: "non sunt in c[a]eli / quia fuccant wivys of heli", ca. 1500.

--
We call nothing profound                        [log in to unmask]
that is not wittily expressed.                  John Cowan