On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 12:00 PM, Tristan McLeay wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Andreas Johansson wrote:
[snip]

>> Your adpositions should be impositions (ie, go in the middle of the word)
>> .
>
> Doesn't that make them infixes? Or I guess not, while 'in a dog' could be
> 'doing',

Wacky.

> 'in a big dog' could be 'big in dog', couldn't it?

Er, sort of like Latin 'magno in cane'? I would think something sanctioned
by
Classical Latin is automatically disqualified from wackiness.

Ray
http://home.freeuk.com/ray.brown
[log in to unmask]    (home)
[log in to unmask]   (work)
"A mind which thinks at its own expense will always
interfere with language."         J.G. Hamann, 1760