Elliott Lash wrote:
> Hm...it seems like it contradicts Nik. He said "vowels
> preceded by nasals dont get nasalized"

You're taking me out of context.  Read what I'd said before, and it's
clear that what I meant was that there wouldn't be a rule that applied
*only* to vowels preceded by nasals.  That is, a rule that applied to
vowels preceded by nasals would also apply to vowels followed by nasals.

> "the language has a rule of nasal spreading whereby a
> sequence of vowels .... become nasalized when
> following a nasal consonant"

That does seem to contradict my generalization, yes, assuming that
that's the only rule applying to nasalization of vowels.

--
"There's no such thing as 'cool'.  Everyone's just a big dork or nerd,
you just have to find people who are dorky the same way you are." -