Philippe Caquant wrote:

> OK, you mark the point for ugol vs ugol' (I made a
> counter-inquiry) :-) Nevertheless, it seems very hard
> to confuse them, one being concrete (coal) and the
> other abstract and locative (angle). Est' ugol' v uglu
> !

Sure.  And very few r/l pairs in English could give rise to confusion,
except perhaps in jokes.  That doesn't mean that a person learning
English whose native language lacks that distinction, shouldn't make an
effort to learn it.

--
"There's no such thing as 'cool'.  Everyone's just a big dork or nerd,
you just have to find people who are dorky the same way you are." -