Elliott Lash wrote:

>Here are some Nindic Sentences that I was translating
>the other day. Choose one if you'd like...I'd like to
>see some translations though..

>(1) Io ei nowad íl?
>"What is your name"

¿Lai mena kui?
your name what

OR

¿Kunie lon mos'iz?
how you:ACC call-3PL

>(2) Pan ei Dinneg i.
>"My Nindic is limitted/small"

Yai Dinnegava runasec'
my Nindic** limited
Yai Rheava runasec'.
my Rhean limited

** depending on how "Dinneg" is pronounced; usual practice is to keep
proper names as close to the native pronunciation as Rhean allows.

>(3) Ni belchyr efann  echidd. Neiddaw, seffraenaw ni.
>"Do not question her. Please, I will take care of
>her."

Tant mu jarhya. Tant zohkyem cai.
her:DAT NEG ask-2SG:IMP . her:DAT* take.care.of-1SG:IMP please**

*peculiarity of |zohkak| being intransitive
** 1st person imperative plus |cai| is like "please allow me to..."

>(4) Ni ei mi boed, ei mi nachen echyth.
>"I am no fool, but I am lost"

Abla deg'em ak' bizjoorec' c'em.
foolish not.be-1SG but lost be:1SG

>(echyth is a stative adjective, not a past-passive
>participle, and hence does not have the ending -edd.
>It is a frozen form from Old Nindic, where in fact it
>was a participle. In Modern Nindic, echedd 'lost' is
>used in the passive construction: Ceis echyth "It was
>lost by.."

Similar case with |bizjoorec'|; it breaks down as "without (one's) way".
The verb |hasrak| "lose something" in the passive, |hasrabza c'em|, would
mean "I have been lost (by somebody who was responsible for me)"

>(5) Ei gwechod íl nenne eraedd. Ban gwior i ieder
>negior ni goth?
>"Your anger is very dangerous. Who will save her if
>you hurt her?

Lai irek ankübutec'. ¿Adis tan urazat ba kure tan k'abrir?
your anger vary-dangerous . if her:ACC harm-2SG COND who her:ACC save-
3SG:FUT