Quoting Andreas Johansson <[log in to unmask]>:

> I've been mentioning my Dwarvish conlang project a few times now. Below's
> the
> current proposed phonemic inventory:
>
> .        Labial Dental Retro Palatal Velar Uvular
>
> vl stop  p      t      t`    c       k     q
> ^h stop  p^h    t^h    t`^h  c^h     k^h   q^h
> vd stop  b      d      d`    J\      g     G\
> affric   pP     ts     t`s`  cC      kx    qX
> fric     P      s      s`    C       x     X
> nasal    m      n      n`    J       N     N\
> Lat      -      l      l`    L       L\    -
> Lat affr -      tl     t`l`  cL      kL\   -
> Trill    B\     r      r`    -       -     R\
> Tap      -      4      4`    -       -     -
>
> "Semivowels": j w ?\
>
> Vowels: i u a

Sketch for mapping this mess onto the Meghean writing system. Go tetragraphs!

.        Labial Dental Retro Palatal Velar Uvular
vl stop  p      t      te    ce      c     co
^h stop  pp     tt     tte   cce     cc    cco
vd stop  b      d      de    ge      g     go
affric   pph    ts     tse   cche    cch   ccho
fric     ph     s      se    che     ch    cho
nasal    m      n      ne    ñe      ñ     ño
Lat      -      l      le    lle     ll    -
Lat affr -      tl     tle   cle     cl    -
Trill    bh     rr     rre   -       -     ro
Tap      -      r      re    -       -     -

"Semivowels": e o h [j w ?\]

Vowels: i u a

With the currently planned syllable structure of CVN, this acctually doesn't
get any worse than the odd word like _ccheuño_ [cCuN\]. But I think I can rest
assured that no-one uninitiated will guess 'cco'=[q^h]!

Comments?

                                                      Andreas