> <<<
> This is easy?
ene, tataka tayu?

> (i) Substuff:
>
> the man who talks
kašut re šindi-- man  REL talk (kašut could be made definitely definite by
adding the demonst. ya 'that/masc.' but it's easily omitted)

> the shirt that I want to buy
pilip re (yu) melo matraka -- shirt REL (it) want I-buy (the neut. sing.
obj. pronoun yu is routinely omitted, but may be used)

> (ii) Can you feel the difference?:
aka hapole ašon šununi? ~ hapoleka ašon šununi?
Q 2s-can feel different-its ~ 2s-can-Q ......

Hayi, mašon, mowa kotani rakop; eneni, mawumitpo kota "amacan" ušo˝i yuno
moyoti.
Yes, I feel it, but it's difficult to express; so, I just use the word
"belief" in all examples.

> a belief that makes life acceptable
amacan re yarumek re (e) angayi yapošami
belief REL 3s-cause THAT (def) life 3s-able-tolerate
(ya- is stuck onto rumek to avoid two r's in a row. pošami = tolerable;
trans.verbs with the po- pfx. tend to be passive in meaning "able to
be....ed") (I suspect there's a better way to say this phrase)

> the belief that she is still alive
amacan lire (iye) anje yakayi
belief {with-respect-to-THAT} (she) still 3s-alive

> a belief that everyone shares
amacan re yuno ilama
belief REL all 3pl-share

> (iii) Hide & Seek: furi-finja
>
> Who is the man you will talk to?
Kari kašut re ne hašindito?
who man REL him/dat. you-speak-fut.

> What is the gift you will buy today?
Kandri amele re (yu) hatrakato letrayu?
what (is) gift REL (it) 2s-buy-fut today?

> I saw the man who your brother told his wife his father was the Emperor of
> Patagonia.
(Embeddings like this are impossible in Kash. Rephrased--)
matikas(sa) kašute re amani (yalesa) karumbatako˝a, lusongi re mambreti
yakota šindeyeni
I-see(past) man-dat. REL father-his[not ambig.] (3s-be-past) duke+patako˝a,
according-to THAT brother-your 3s-say
wife-dat.-his [this -ni is ambig.!!]

But this is possible:  matikas(sa) kašute re šindeyeni yakota mambreti re
amani (yalesa) karumbatako˝a
I-see-past man-dat REL wife-dat-his(not ambig.) 3s-say brother-your THAT
father-his(now this is ambig.!) (was) duke-patako˝a

To avoid the ambiguities of the -ni possessive, you could insert the
appropriate noun referent.

(You would use yalesa if it was known that the E of P was dead.  Instead of
šinde, one could use kanjetre 'spouse, legally-declared partner', though
it's ambig. as to gender)

ena, tata lavi-omban