Merhaba!

Voice alterations only alter emphasis of arguments of a sentence. In a certain conlang, I currently have both. I thought of 'doctor vs. patient' - converses - and realized things like 'I own a book' and 'A book belongs to me' are the same thing, except that the latter is 'I own a book' just with emphasis on 'book' (= 'The book is owned by me'), whereas the first sentence emphasises 'I'. If emphasis alteration will work for verbs, will it work for nouns? Will I be able to just use emphasis particles instead of verb marking _and_ emphasis particles? I'm thinking not. And if not, how can I get around this problem? How can I express 'patient' without an inverse voice?

--Trebor