Merhaba!

Etak wrote:

"In a fit of creativity (aided by alot of snow...I didn't go to college for a day)

Me too... :)

"I've completed a goodly portion of my conlang's grammar.

Great! Could you show it to us??

"My conlang is called Tarnese (as it is spoken on the fictious Isle of Tarn) or Tar/ner|da\zh as the natives would say (literally, home-lang).  [/] represents a rising tone.  [\] represents a falling tone.  [|] represents a level tone.  The Rs are not pronounced but they change the vowels (like British English...dialects that don't pronounce Rs) which is why I put the tone marks after them.  Can anyone tell me a better way to write the tones?

Why not use a system like this: a for level tone,  (= a-circumflex) for rising tone, and  (= a-trema) for falling tone?

Could you describe how r affects the vowels? It would be interesting to see how this works.

"One last question...my conlang doesn't have an h but in the Romanization I have th, dh, sh, and zh for T, D, S, and Z (I think I've got the IPA right).

You've got the IPA right, but it's actually the X-Sampa ASCIIification scheme for the IPA. I would also write: in /slashes/.

"Does this use of h seem kind of odd because the soud itself doesn't exist in my conlang?  Can anyone sugest a better way of writing the digraphs?

Yeah, if you don't dislike diacritics, you can use  (called eth) and  (called thorn) for /D/ and /T/, respectively. These letters are used in Icelandic. As for /S/ and /Z/: you could write /S/ as x (that is, if you aren't already using x for something else; like in Maltese, Basque, Mayan etc.), and /Z/ you could write as j (again, unless you aren't using it already; as in French, Turkish etc.).

So if you adopt my scheme, you might have Trnerdj instead of Tar/ner|da\zh.

Happy conlanging!

--Trebor