In a message dated 2004:02:19 07:41:20 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Today I received a copy of the Polish magazine "Wiedza i Zycie", the
>monthly scientific appendix to one of Poland's largest newspapers,
>the "Gazeta Wyborcza". It contains an article by Dorota Gut about several
>constructed languages (well-known to us) under the title "Nowa Mowa" >(New
language).
[...]
>Personally I like the style of it: it is written with humour and with
>respect for our creations at the same time.

    Just a couple of months ago, I happened to been talking with a Polish
trade unionist and part-time science-&-arts journalist visiting here in the
states. He asked me if I was working on a language since I had several languages'
dictionaries and grammar books with me and my caffeine&nicotine at a cafe in
the People's Republic of Berkeley, CA.
    An urgent page from his American girlfriend cut our wonderfully mangled
polyglottic chatter tragically short. I didn't "get" his name either...

    What's with Poles, languages and a "pro-conlang attitude" o_0? You'd
think the Swiss would be more like this...AFAIK the Dutch are pretty close to
having a "pro-conlang attitude" ;)

> [...] If one of the authors of
>the languages above has noticed a drastic increase in the number of
>visitors of his pages, this is probably the reason.

    ::envious glare at lucky overwhelmed ones:: Ah to be that frikkin' lucky!

---  ` ,, ` ,, ` ,, `  ` ,~->

Hanuman "Mister Sinister" Zhang, Sloth-Style Gungfu Typist
- "the sloth is a chinese poet upsidedown" --- Jack Kerouac {1922-69}

"We don't read & write poetry because it's cute. We read & write poetry
because we are members of the human race. & the human race is filled with passion.
& medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits & necessary
to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay
alive for." - Robin Williams, _Dead Poet's Society_

"Chance is the inner rhythm of the world, & the soul of poetry." - Miguel de
Unamuno

    "One thing foreigners, computers, & poets have in common
is that they make unexpected linguistic associations." --- Jasia Reichardt

    "There is no reason for the poet to be limited to words, & in fact the
poet is most poetic when inventing languages. Hence the concept of the poet as
'language designer'."  --- O. B. Hardison, Jr.

"La posie date d' aujour d'hui."   (Poetry dates from today)
"La posie est en jeu."             (Poetry is in play)
                --- Blaise Cendrars

=  gw'araa legooset caacaa !
     reez'arvaa. saalvaa. reecue. scoopaa-goomee en reezijcloo ! =
[Fight Linguistic Waste!
    Save, Salvage, Recover, Scavenge and Recycle!]