> There's an interesting new article by Sean Burke, a well-known Perl
> programmer:
>
>      When you woke up this morning, the last thing you are likely to
>      have thought is "If only I had a dictionary!" But there are
>      thousands of languages on Earth that many people want to learn,
>      but they can't, because there are little or no materials to start
>      with [...]
>
>      http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/03/25/dictionaries.html

I don't know from Shoebox, but PERL I do okay with, so I went and did up
this script.  After installing the CPAN modules I needed, and making the
data file by hand from the description in the article, I ran it.  It
makes a fairly nice dictionary!  I went in and tweaked some size
settings to make it a little nicer and I can see how I'd make changes so
it would use variables and be more "universal", but it's a great script.
  I know next to nothing about RTF, but this output really nice RTF
code.  In fact, later this month, er next month, I hope to tweak this
into a less specific format.  If I manage to find the time, I'll post it!

Thanks,
Jim
--
When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food
and clothes.