I very much like that sentence: "Colourless green
ideas sleep furiously". Could you please remember me
who proposed it first ? (Chomsky ?)

I like it because, if you consider it from a
semantical point of view, it is completely stupid, but
if you have a poetical point of view, it is really
beautiful, maybe even deep. To me it is THE symbol of
the dichotomy between these two aspects of language. I
think I should hang it above my bed and repeat it
thrice on loud voice every evening before going to
sleep.

--- J Y S Czhang <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> colorless green ideas

[snip]

=====
Philippe Caquant

"High thoughts must have high language." (Aristophanes, Frogs)