Quoting Frank George Valoczy <[log in to unmask]>:

> >> and I'm working on something extremely implausible and ridiculous :D
> >
> > Why am I not surprised?
>
> *laughs*, am I THAT predictable??

Yep! ... :)

> >> How about for voiced labiodental stop?
> >
> > Isn't any. You might try [b_-] (retracted [b]) or [f_r] (raised [f]).
> >
> > At least, the IPA chart doesn't shade it as impossible, which an old
> > textbook
> > I saw did ...
> >

> Ok, I'll go with the former.
>
> And I can articulate it just fine...and it's clearly distinguishable from
> [b]...

Me too, but some people simply don't have even enough teeth to do it.
Apparently no natlang distinguish them phonemically.

And re: a point in your other post, yes [t_T] is a valid way of indicating a
dental affricate. Unless it contrasts with the cluster, you could also simply
write [tT] (or do it anyway and separate the cluster with a hyphen, like how
the X-SAMPA documentation suggests transscribing Polish 'cz' and 'trz' as [tS]
and [t-S]).

I guess if you wanted to be painfully exact, you'd need writing [t_d_T], but
that's beyond the dark as well as the pale.

                                                        Andreas