Gary wrote:

<<What we need is something like "Sim City", a computer
program that could be programmed to simulate a bunch
of little people running around speaking our conlang
so we could watch evolve for a few simulated
centuries. ;-)>>

You have NO idea how many times I've envisioned exactly this!!!  To me, it'd almost be like there were levels.  You'd enter a certain amount of words and morphological info then hit "start", and the level would start.  There'd be a bunch of people (e.g., someone buying food from a shop, the store keeper, a policeman, a woman trying to park her car, passersby, a guy at a magazine stand, etc.), and they'd just kind of act randomly and try to interact.  The second there was a problem (i.e., they'd try to interact, but couldn't, based on the input), one of two things would happen: (1) they'd inovate something, and a log would record the inovation, or (2) if it was too serious, the level would stop (i.e., you'd lose), and you'd be told exactly what went wrong.  That would be AWESOME!!!  I would pay twice the suggested retail price for it.  I wish I were rich, computer-brilliant, and had nothing else to do: I'd get right on this.`

-David

-Jim Morrison

http://dedalvs.free.fr/