Herman Miller wrote:

> In Texas I created a language with four different words for "hot", but
> now in Minnesota I'm going to need four different words for "cold"! So
> if that perfect climate exists anywhere, by interpolation it must be in
> Kansas. :-)

Hmm, I suspect you're going to need all your "hot" and "cold" words if you
head for Kansas.........

From personal experience, I'd have to say Hawaii (no great extremes of
anything; few if any natural threats [aside from Mauna Loa?/Kea?]).  Lots of
people swear by San Diego CA, but they have those wildfires. For a while I
enjoyed the best of both worlds-- summer months in Michigan, winter months
in Florida, thus avoiding both extreme snowfall and excessive heat/humidity
and hurricanes.  Unfortunately, it entailed a BORING drive twice yearly, and
ultimately proved to be a budget-buster.

Everyplace in the US that might be "perfect" has a defect of one sort or
another.