On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 06:00:22PM +0300, Steg Belsky wrote:
> Now [&e] is what sounds Texan to me!

That's not really typical of Texan accents.  (Unless they're
Foreigners from up north, of course. 8P )  The so-called
Southern drawl would realize /&/ as [&@] in certain restricted
contexts (mostly monosyllabic words).  But I'm not sure that
a really comprehensive dialect survey of Texas accents has
ever been done.

Thomas Wier	       "I find it useful to meet my subjects personally,
Chicago, IL 60637