--- Racsko Tamas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 26 Apr 2004 Philippe Caquant
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Thus, we could have an English verb like "to
> > dog", for ex: I dog, he dogs, I dogged, I have
> dogged,
> > etc., meaning I am a dog, he is a dog, I was a
> dog, I
> > have been a dog (is this really useful ?)

<snip>

> > - to be in another place (spatial concept: Rex
> absents ?)
>
>   I remember a Latin verb _desum_...

Phillipe, I haven't followed this thread, so someone
else may have pointed this out already, but "to dog"
and "to absent" ARE verbs in English.  To dog someone
is to  follow closely and persistently, persue, track
(i.e. to mimick one of the dog's particular skills).
To absent is very formal, but used -- He absented
himself from the boardroom while they discussed
renegotiating his contract.

Adam

=====
Indjindrud edjuebu ul Azor ad ul Sadoc.  Indjindrud edjuebu ul Sadoc ad ul Acim.  Indjindrud edjuebu ul Acim ad ul Eliud.  Indjindrud edjuebu ul Eliud ad ul Eleazar.  Indjindrud edjuebu ul Eleazar ad ul Matan.    Indjindrud ul Matan ad ul Jagovu.  Indjindrud edjuebu ul Jagovu ad ul Jozevu ul maridu djal Maja dji fin ninadud ul Jezu fin nicuamad Cristu.

Machu 1:14-16