On 4 May, Peter Bleackley wrote:

> I've been having difficulty translating the above phrase into
Khangažyagon.
> Would anyone like to post translations of it into their language, with
> glosses, to see if I can get inspiration from them?

"They have given the foreigners rule over us"

In rtemmu, it would be:  (g~ = [N]; o` = [[O]; r` = [R] )

lilunerner  duhluhl   ras kehs
g~amkuhluhlo`gbelgr`vdwais mun  pker kuhluhl.

(  lilu-ner-ner  duhluhl   ras kehs
g~amkuhluhl-o`g-belgr`v-dwais mun  pker kuhluhl. )

Freely translated:

everybody knew how they, in the past,
caused a still-occurring foreign-domination with respect to us.

lilu = everybody did or could know in the past
(first) ner = the process of "being everybody" was developing,
                subjectively, with each person at his own
                rate of change
(second) ner = the process of being "they" was developing,
                     subjectively, each one of them, at his own rate
                     of change
duhluhl = the process of being 3rd person plural
ras = repeating or habitual occurance
kehs = the process of foreign domination is objectively
           perceived to be developing at a "normal" rate
g~amkuhluhl-o`g-belgr`v-dwais  = the process of foreign domination

    composed of :
        g~am = negative
        kuhluhl = the process of being 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person
                       ie, an inclusive "we"; thus g~amkuhluhl = not us
        o`g = compounding particle
        belgr`v = to cause to happen
        dwais = the process of domination

mun = conjunction signifying: take all the previous part of the sentence
           and, using it as a frame of reference, consider/observe the
            following process-word  (in this case "kuhluhl").
pker =  the following "kuhluhl" is objectively developing with each
            person changing at his/her own rate
kuhluhl = the process of being 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person; ie, inclusive "we,
                us"

Dan Sulani
likehsna rtem zuv tikuhnuh auag inuvuz vaka'a.

A word is an awesome thing.