Reading the "Ephphatha" thread (what the heck does that mean, anyway?), it
occurred to me that there could
be (if there isn't already) a website devoted to the "questioning"
conlanger--that is, to those who might be
interested, but aren't sure.   The form of the website would be a list of
"you might be a conlanger" jokes or
sentences.   So one example would be:

(1) If you copy the writing systems of various languages out of the back of
your dictionary for fun, you might
be a conlanger.

(This is something I did, and I know others have as well.)

For some reason, it occurs to me that there might already be a site like
this.   If there is, could I get the link?   If
not, then I hereby open up the poles: Send your suggestions to me personally
(or the list?   Or would that
generate too much traffic?), along with the name you want to be identified by
(and a link to your site, if you've
got one), and I'll go ahead and drum up a webpage, not unlike the
Essentialist Explanations and host it on my
site.   Anything's game (though that first one is taken!).

[Note: If you want to emend a YMBAC, and I happen to like the emendation
better than the original, I'll
either include both versions, or include the better version, but still
mention both people's names.]

-David

-Jim Morrison

http://dedalvs.free.fr/