En réponse à J Y S Czhang :

>     Is the following syntax workable (naturalistic) _and_ unusual * ? (Does
>it make sense? ;)
>
>* (I like the idea of the  {Demonstrative  + Adj. +  Number + Classifier}
>ordering violating the usual "universal")

What universal? That numbers should preceed adjectives? Because the rest
seems quite usual order to me. As for this "number before adjective"
universal, I don't know how strong it is, but there's no reason not to be
able to break it.

>     In another words - simply, the verb phrase has modifiers on both sides
>but the noun phrases have right-branching modifiers.

In a VSO syntax, I'd find that no problem at all. Hey, V2 syntax allows for
stranger word orders than that :)) .

Christophe Grandsire.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr