Paul Tremblay wrote:

>> If I find enough interest, I will create a project on sourceforge to
>> tackle the bibliography challenge. But I don't think I have enough time
>> or expertise to create a through, workable system that I can submit to
>> the TEI working group before August 30.
>>
>> Paul

Dear Paul,

This sounds like a very useful project.  OpenOffice also has a
Bibliographic project that seems to be doing something similar (and
XML-based as well).  If you haven't seen it already, here's the link to
their web page:
http://bibliographic.openoffice.org/

I'm not sure how active they are, but it looks like they've done some
work already.  Maybe you could work together with them.

Best,
Nathan