Hello All,

I'm curious as to why the readings are placed in a list as opposed to being noted as CDATA in attribute values. Using the example from the Guidelines (19.1.1):

<app>
<rdg wit="El">Experience though noon Auctoritee</rdg>
<rdg wit="La">Experiment thogh noon Auctoritee</rdg>
<rdg wit="Ra2">Eryment though none auctorite</rdg>
</app>

Alternatively (taking the first rdg as the base text):

<app>
<rdg wit="La" text="Experiment thogh noon Auctoritee">
<rdg wit="Ra2" text="Eryment though none auctorite">
Experience though noon Auctoritee
</rdg>
</rdg>
</app>

I'm just wondering why one is used as opposed to the other. They seem about the same, verbosity-wise, and if I were doing it myself I'd pick the second approach. Convince me that the other way is preferable!

Sincere thanks,

Dot Porter

Dorothy Carr Porter, Program Coordinator
Collaboratory for Research in Computing for Humanities
University of Kentucky
351 William T. Young Library
Lexington, KY  40506

[log in to unmask]          859-257-9549