From:    Peter Bleackley <[log in to unmask]>
> Is there any language where tense is marked on a noun rather than the verb?
> It seems that English is heading towards tense being marked on the subject,
> but is the process complete in any language?

I would not say that English is heading to tense marking on subjects.
I would say that the forms on English are clitics, and see no reason
to believe that they will not stay that way (unless a completely unrelated
system arises).

Thomas Wier	       "I find it useful to meet my subjects personally,
Chicago, IL 60637