Sally Caves wrote:

> Vyko, Remi.  Interesting system.  The famously verbless conlang is Sylvia
> Sotomayor's Kelen~.  You might want to get in touch with her; she's back
> from Nicaragua. :)

Her site has been in my bookmarks for a long time. So far, I only know 3
verbless conlangs: Kélen, All-Noun and Shaquelingua. Maybe should we start
forming a group?  ;-)

> We have a few minor things in common:

We have more in common than you think. Especially, we have a lot of dual
pronouns in common. Shaquelingua also have exclusive and exclusive pronouns.
But what really make me laugh is your very unusual use of the char "u" [j].
My very special char is "y" [H] (i.e. [y] as a semi-vowel) or [w] sometimes.

Shaquelingua can also use preposition to express possession.

sóju fra-jitirër křfalja [sOja fxa:jitixEx k9fa.lja]
= (about) the truth of (the) concept(s)

That stative/motive nuance of your locative prepositions matches the one of
shaquean locative postpositions, except that I haven't found a name for that
nuance yet.

vi yiklis suku [vi Hi.k4is suku]
the door at (stative)

vi yiklis suvi [vi Hi.k4is suvi]
the door at (motive)

Luckily, the "into", "out of", "up on", etc shaquean postpositions aren't
built the same way as in Teonaht... otherwise I would sue you for copyright
violation!  ;-)  (Just kidding.)

be saelóvi-leyo yar te'taj. [be: sa^e4Ovi:4ewo Hax te:taj]
(case marking) (out in movement)-room (descriptor) (indicative past)'shi
= He/she entered (the) room.

Note: "saelóvi" (=from outside to inside of) and "fra" (=part of) are
postpositions but a grammatical rule allow you to prefix them in order to
build an adjectival compound.

Shaquelingua and Teonath both only have adjectives to express gender.

And I haven't finished exploring your site...

> Teonaht uses its future tense in polite discourse to express directives,
> which sounds "rude" to us: "you [formal] will take the upper road out of the

In Shaquelingua, the future imperative is the common way. Polite directives
are built a different way. You must use an irreal mode.

rar'be vřjhda kos'va SalI ! [xax(a)be: v9j.da kos(o)va: sa4i]

(descriptor)'(case marking) sitting (imperative future irreal)'the Sally.

= Would you sit down, Sally!

And formal directives are built with another tense.

vi tikebar bovi, ske flodje yar keo'rja.
the (grass area) (on motive), zero step (descriptor)
(imperative atemporel)'thou
= Don't ever walk on the grass.

> http://www.frontiernet.net/~scaves/whatsteo.html

You're in my bookmarks.

zato'kja hej tul, [zato:.kja x\ej tu4] (I will express myself again)

--
Remi Villatel