Paul responded to me:

<<> d-is-a-s
> /sister-genitive-epenthetic vowel-dative/
> "to something belonging to one's sister"

The morpheme for "sister" is /d/?>>

Why not?  The morpheme for "to be" in Latin is /s/ (the /e/'s are epenthetic in "esse").
In the nominative, the Georgian word for sister is /da/.  Whenever a case-ending that
begins with a vowel is attached, though, that /a/ drops out.  The full paradigm is:

Nom.: da
Acc./Dat.: das
Gen.: dis
Instr.: dit
Erg.: dam
Adverb.: dad

Plural:
Nom.: debi
Acc./Dat.: debs
Gen.: debis
Instr.: debit
Erg.: debma
Adv.: debad

I'm leaving out the vocative on purpose.  Also, the ergative case is often called the
"narrative" case (because it's only used in the past tense).

-David

-Jim Morrison

http://dedalvs.free.fr/