From: "sminte" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 6:10 PM
Subject: neisseria meningitidis

I've just attended a child aged 5 who was attended in my Emergency
Department 4 days ago with fever and macular exanthema. CBC was normal, CRP
5 mg/dl and he remained 12 hours in the Observation Unit without problems.
Today we've received a message from bacteriology because a neisseria
meningitidis B is growing in the blood culture. Child is afebril last 48
hours, hes well, physical exam is normal, CBC is normal, CRP is 1.2 mg/dl
and CSF cytochimic exam and Gram tinction is normal.
Should you admitt this child in the Hospital?
Should you treat him with Ab?
Santi Mintegi
Cruces Hospital. Basque Country. Spain

message: info PED-EM-L