I work at a free standing urgent care clinic.  One insurance provider will not recognize us as an urgent care center (it is in the contract with them) and their patients must pay an ER copay, even though their plan lists an urgent care copay.  As you can imagine, some families are not too happy when they realize this.
My question is whether we can place a sign at the front desk explaining the situation, or would that be construed as violating EMTALA's restrictions on asking for financial information before a patient is seen?  Is there a way of phrasing it to avoid any problems?
Any suggestions would be helpful.  Fell free to reply to my personal email - [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: