Ray Brown wrote:

> Yes, I have seen the conditional -us analyzed as -u- (tense marker) +s
> (indicative mood marker), and also -nt- & -t- being added to the
> conditional -u-. But I understand that the 'conditional participles', tho
> used by some, do not have official sanction & are not recognized by all
> Esperantists.  Also, of course, the conditional is not strictly a tense in
> the same way that present (-a-), past (-i-) and future (-o-) are.

Another construction which is not official and is not recognized
by all (most?) Esperantists is the combined progressive tense.

A root X which is fundamentally an adjective can be made into
a verb which means "to be X":

La papero estas seka = The paper is dry.
La papero sekas = The paper is dry.

"anta" is the ending of the present active participle, so a
compound tense can be made (although not commonly used):

Mi estas kuiranta la rizon = I am cooking the rice.

(Normally one would simply say "Mi kuiras la rizon.")

Some Esperantists form one verb from this:

Mi kuirantas la rizon = I am cooking the rice.

Again, this is not official and is deprecated by many Esperantists.

--Ph. D.