Hi all,

After someone pointed it out to me I've been reading the
pages on the Music Encoding Initiative:
http://dl.lib.virginia.edu/bin/dtd/mei/

Although I know it will be increasingly easy to mix
and match other DTDs for particular elements (i.e. SVG
for <figure>) in P5, has the inclusion of musical markup
been considered?

Having previously worked with liturgical manuscripts which,
unsurprisingly, sometimes have musical notation in them,
MEI could have been useful. (If we had been doing more
than simply noting that the text had music
above it with <hi rend="music">)

Is inclusion as a TEI module something that the
MEI people might desire or even have considered?

Just curious, because I hadn't stumbled across MEI
before.

-James

---
CALL FOR PAPERS: Digital Medievalism (Kalamazoo) and
Early Drama (Leeds) see http://users.ox.ac.uk/~jamesc/cfp.html