I have been using TEI-XML to explore ways of encoding the poetic metre of a
number of sonnets by William Shakespeare and Sir Thomas Wyatt.

I have used <seg> tags to define feet in the text but as some of Wyatt's
sonnets do not appear to follow a clear metrical system, I have tried to
mark stressed and unstressed syllables in the text as an alternative.

My work is available at the following website:
http://lab.slais.ucl.ac.uk/~p100mis

I would appreciate any comments you have (for example, if you think the any
of the work is useful, whether you would use and why).

Regards

Mubina Islam
University College London