Lou,

Thanks for the clarification. I suspected nesting was the prime
consideration. And so...

If I undertand correctly the key to the desired solution is achieving is
satisfactory nesting. And satisfactory nesting could be defined as
appropriately recursive.

The information:

author name

title of the review/article

title of the bibliographic object being reviewed

bibliographic information for the bibliographic object being reviewed

A possible P4 encoding:

<biblStruct>

<analytic>
<author> ... </author>
</analytic>

<monogr>
<title>A review of <cit><biblStruct> ... </biblStruct></cit></title>
</monogr>

<biblScope> ... </biblScope>

</biblStruct>

******

<cit> can in turn contain <biblStruct> which in turn ....

Will this cover most of the use cases?

****

Some components of previous discussions on TEI-L that shaped the thinking
that brought me to consider the use of <cit> as a possible solution:
1) distinguishing between the bibliographic object and the monograph
2) play with <index> within <biblStruct>
3) recalling the "body" model of <div> and mapping that head-mid-foot onto
<biblStruct> as a means of managing nesting.

--
Francois Lachance, Scholar-at-large
http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~lachance

A calendar is like a map. And just as maps have insets, calendars in the
21st century might have 'moments' expressed in flat local time fanning out
into "great circles" expressed in earth revolution time.