Had a strange experience on the train this morning; I went to the train hostess
to buy new tickets, and, of course, addressed her in Swedish. Yet, she replied
in English, and continued to use it for a few more turns before switching over
to Swedish in the face of me stubbornly sticking to the same. She spoke English
with a clear Swedish accent, so I can only assume she thought I was a foreigner
and tried to be helpful.

I've been taken for a foreigner before, but that's always involved me speaking
in a foreign language. Possibly, my recent one-year stay in Germany has left
some mark on my Swedish, but the whole incident nonetheless seems somewhat
extraordinary to me.

Anyone else here experienced something similar?

                                                   Andreas