On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:58:26 -0400, Amanda Babcock <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Ok, I've been playing around with SIL's Toolbox again (successor to Shoebox),

(Whoa, I didn't know about that... I'll hafta look at it.)

> and now I'm trying to create a project with Unicode data.  I copied the folder
> "Startup Kit IPA Unicode" from the Toolbox Training folder "3 Starting Your
> Own Project" to my working folder.  I managed to associate the "IPAUni"
> language encoding with Lucida Sans Unicode, so now I can at least see the
> sample text properly, but what I don't get is - how do I enter text?
>
> The help files say that using the old SIL IPA 93 keyboard from Keyman is no
> longer advised as they recommend Unicode.  And in fact, there is a keyboard
> listed under the Options tab in the Language Encoding Properties for IPAUni
> which says "IPA Unicode 1.0".  However, I don't have any such keyboard listed
> in my Windows language bar settings.  I'm running Windows XP, so I should
> have the latest and greatest of whatever Windows has come up with, such as
> it is.  So how do I enter text using "IPA Unicode 1.0"?

I don't know exactly - I don't have "IPA Unicode 1.0".  (Isn't that the keyboard recently posted here by the one person in his LJ?)  All that I get is the list of keyboards I currently have ready.  But as far as I can tell Toolbox doesn't recognize XP keyboards properly yet anyway,[1] so... ... I suppose you can't.

	*Muke!
[1] http://www.sil.org/computing/toolbox/problems.htm
--
website:     http://frath.net/
LiveJournal: http://kohath.livejournal.com/

FrathWiki, a conlang and conculture wiki:
http://wiki.frath.net/