Elliott Lash wrote:
> How many words do other people's languages have?

Oh, this question pops up every now and then.....As nearly as I can tell:

Kash: approx. 5400-7200+ in the dictionary, supplement 500+ -- probably on
the low side. Based on l8l8 paragraphs in the dict., with average 3-4 derivs
per entry; 266 paras. in the supplement, assuming 2 derivs per entry.
There's also a list of several hundred I'm still thinking about.

Poor little gestating Gwr:  97 words defined, 467 awaiting definition when I
get my portion of the Relay; approx. 38,000 protoforms, done by hand in view
of my computer illiteracy and lack even of Langmaker.