 --- Andreas Johansson <[log in to unmask]> schrieb:
> * Jump for cover as people tell me how much my
> phonaesthetic tastes suck *

Well, de gustibus non disputandum, or somesuch. I, for
one, like it; it's a cute word.

Where does the accent (if any) go in [me;dy]? And am I
right to assume that the /;/ is an extra-short mark?
If so, you're a brave man, toying with _three_ levels
of vowel length!

On a self-important side-track, Gi-an-nain seems to be
a contest for the most onomatopoeic words ever. A
brief sampling:

/nya/ 'cat'

If anyone's seen the animÚ 'Furi-Kuri', listen to what
the kitten Tak-kun says. Yes, I stole the Gi-an-nain
word for 'cat' from the Japanese word for 'meow'. And
the Gi are supposed to be on another planet! I'm so
ashamed of myself right now; I feel compelled to
commit furi-kuri :).

(cough cough)

I mean, of course, hari-kiri. Yeah. No furi-kuri here!
No sirree! I'm not that sort of person!

/hahÓrE/ 'to laugh' (combination of /haha/ and /arE/
'to make, to do')

/huÓ/ 'wind'

/warawÓra/ 'crowd, bustle, cacaphony' (idea stolen
from English 'walla-walla scene', where movie extras
say 'walla-walla' over in the background to give the
impression of a bunch of conversations going on at
once)

/pakapÓka/ 'footsteps'

If the other conlangers jump on you for your
phonoaesthetic taste, then surely they'll get me as
well for being a lazy lexicon builder. We'll go down
together, then!

=====
"Alle Idole mŘssen sterben."
"All idols must die."

--EinstŘrzende Neubauten, "Seele Brennt" (Soul is on Fire)

"Where am I? What is this thing called 'the world'? Who is it who has lured me into the thing, and now leaves me here? How did I come into the world? Why was I not consulted?"

--S°ren Kierkegaard

"You need not leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. You need not even listen, simply wait, just learn to become quiet, and still, and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked. It has no choice; it will roll in ecstasy at your feet."

--Franz Kafka, Journals

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 100MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de