Jan van Steenbergen wrote:

> - The purple colour of course represents creativity; I like it in
> particular, not only because I like the colour in itself but also
> because it appears not often in flag designs. The gold colour
> represents beauty.

I like purple for the same reason exactly (and reddish brown too but I'm
singling myself here :-)
I like most ideas proposed especially the Egyptian daleth and the sun (blunt
strokes make it less warlike).
The Babel ziggurat is very good too: it is valid in the three main religions
of the Book and I don't mind being mistaken for a rebel :-)

The flags I don't like: the pink-white-black Middle-East looking flags and
the ones with the four-pronged NATO star (we're not part of it, are we?)