After the first day of voting:

There are seventeen votes in so far, and one particular flag is
winning by a mile (it's the one I put in ninth place, so I can live
with that, and I don't think anyone would be really disappointed).

The diversity of views is interesting. For example, one person put the
flag I put in first place in last place, and the flag I put in last
place in first place. Another person put the flag I put in first place
also in first place, but the flag I put in last place in second place!

About 35% of people are placing all or most of the flags into an order
of preference, and the other 65% are voting for their favourite few
while leaving the majority of entries blank.

End of report.

Christian Thalmann wrote:

> Goblin-eyed elves kissing...  not quite the symbolism
> I'd go for.  =P  I thought we had agreed not to put
> faces onto the flag.

What's this? Dirty minds on Conlang? I never would have believed it!
:-)

Anyway, they don't look as though they're kissing. If you've ever seen
people kissing you'll know perfectly well that it doesn't look like
*that*! (Personally, I don't associate tongues with kissing. Lips,
yeah.) :-)

More seriously: nobody has agreed on anything other than democracy. A
small group of people have expressed dislike of faces on flags. Well,
another small group of people have expressed a preference against
using symbols with religious connotations, such as the Tower of Babel.
Other groups of people have expressed other opinions. So what?

Adrian.