* Jörg Rhiemeier said on 2004-10-03 22:44:36 +0200
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:21:08 -0700,
> * Elliott Lash <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > *Jörg Rhiemeier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > > Old Albic:
> > >
> > > Tirea im serim chvar banesi Nabomas adolas Aramaras.
> > >
> > How would you pronounce this? A Silindion speaker
> > would say:
> >
> >  /tirea im sErim kvar banEsi nabomas adolas aramaras/

Now this is fun: phonemic Taruven:

/ti're.A im 'serim S_tv_tAr bAn'esi nA'bomAs A'dolAs ArA'mArAs/

Stress-signs added because many dialects of Taruven uses pitch-accent,
low until stress-mark, then high, or low until stress-mark, then one
high syllable, then low. Other varieties have really no stress at all.

> Very close; it is (phonetically):
>
>   ['tIrEa Im 'sErIm xwar 'banEsI na'bOmas a'dOlas ara'maras]
>
> (the primes indicate stressed syllables)
>
> (phonemically:)
>
>   /tira im serim xwar banesi nabomas adolas aramaras/
>
> I.e. the spelling is quite straightforward, except that _v_ is /w/
> (and _j_ is /j/), and the digraphs _ph_, _th_, _ch_ are /f/, /T/
> and /x/.

I've been working on a translation but lacking a concept/way of showing
for/because has stalled it :)

Nice excercise.

t.