In a message dated 10/7/04 1:36:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< That's not true. For pronouns Japanese has a special plural ending -tachi,
 watashi "I" > watashitachi "we", anata "thou" > anatatachi "ye" (to use the
 original English usages). Occasionally you'll see reduplication for emphasis
 and plurals, like the rare ware(?) "I" > wareware "we".

This -tachi ending is what I was referring to, and I appreciate this fuller
description.
I think when our Chotanmeister "corrected" me, he accurately described the
common Japanese usage, but neglected the -tachi form which also exists.
John Leland