Quoting Joe <[log in to unmask]>:

> Andreas Johansson wrote:
>
> >Quoting "Pascal A. Kramm" <[log in to unmask]>:

> and
> >>>

> >>So they don't use any  at all? How odd... O_o
> >>

> >The non-German part of the world is tempted to say "how sensible". :p
> >

> Well, the eszet in one of German's charms.  I wouldn't like to get rid
> of it completely.  But simplifying is fine.  Not too keen on the other
> parts of the reform, though.  (ie. Selbststaendig for Selbstaendig).

I don't actually dislike the eszet; I was just messing with Pascal a bit.

I like some bits of the reforms and dislike others - the new rules for the eszet
is among what I like; I find them easier and more useful. Things I dislike
include the triple consonants (_Schifffarhrt_) and some of the new rules for
Zusammen-/Getrenntschreibung.

                                                       Andreas