Interesting ite, but why don't they give the names for
the grandparents and grandchildren ? And also for
half-brothers and sisters ? I remember that in Africa,
when someone tells you 'X is my brother', it normally
doesn't mean that someone and X have same father and
mother. I can be only one of them, or it can even be a
fuzzier relation (same 'clan', same village..). To
express what we would call "brother", one often says
"he's my brother same-father same-mother"...

In Russian, there was a very interesting and complex
system too. I'll ask my wife if she remembers it (I
think it's getting to some simplification by now).

http://www.umanitoba.ca/anthropology/tutor/kinterms/termsys.html

> (Gracias a Danilo Vilicic, de la lista "Ideolengua")

=====
Philippe Caquant

Ceterum censeo *vi* esse oblitterandum (Me).