Hallo!

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:22:38 -0400,
Jeffrey Henning <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Have any of you tried to learn Toki Pona? (http://www.tokipona.org)

No, not tried to learn it.  Just looked at the site.

> What do you like about it?

Actually, virtually nothing.

> What do you dislike about it?

It is yet another misguided closed-vocabulary scheme and probably
unable to express complex concepts, or at least very clumsy and
imprecise at doing so.  The minimalist phonology sounds, well,
like so many minimalist phonologies we all have seen before.
(It makes pronouncing it easy, though.)

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:21:26 +0200,
Henrik Theiling <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I like:
>    - simplicity
>    - grammar and the source of the words.
>    - size of basic dictionary

Are you serious about that???  I think that a language with only
118 words has serious trouble expressing *anything*.

Greetings,

Jörg.