Simple Language wrote in reply to my* alphabet and number reform:

"Base 12 (duodecimal) number system is more complex
than base 10 (decimal) and base 8 (octal) systems.
I prefer the octal number system."

Perhaps this is going slightly off topic, perhaps we could start a new
thread.

*Before I start, I should point out that apart from giving three a flat
base, the numbers are mostly those recommended by the dozenal society of
Great Britain.

http://www.dsgb.orbix.co.uk/

The eleven reccommended by the society has several different forms
including curved flat and decending like the final stroke of a capital R
(see their calculator) I find the flat base most aesthetically pleasing. I
chose to give the three a flat base to differentiate it from the letters.
Vowels to me somehow feel as if they should be rounder than consonants.

If one wants to do both spelling reform and introduce a base twelve number
system, it is of course important to make sure that symbols are produced
for both.

Simple language, you assert that an octal number system is "less complex"
than a dozenal system, however, you do not explain why. Let's analyse
this. Certainly there are fewer symbols, but twelve is useful because of
all even numbers, it has the most factors in its first half divided by the
magnitude of its first half except two. The ratio for 2 is 1 and for
twelve is 5/6. This makes for easier representation of fractions
especially when using point notation. Two is impractical as numbers
quickly become too large. Eight is perhaps better than ten. Half of ten is
5 which is a prime number divisible only by itself and 1. Half of 8 is 4
divisible by 1, 2 and 4.

8 being 2/3 the size of 12 does mean that it is nevertheless possible to
produce the same non-recurring point fractions that base twelve can,
although I'd much prefer 0.4 for a third in base twelve to 0.345 in base
8. Not to mention 0.2 in base twelve against 0.1725 for a sixth. 0.4 is
nice number for a half in octal, and 0.2 is nice for a quarter. sixty four
seems a fairly low number to go to three digits. 144 saves a lot of paper
for low number in base twelve. Base twlve definitely still has the edge
for me.

With regard to the letters in alphadozen, I introduced symbols for the
dipthongs, which I feel are common enough to have their own symbols.

I am thinking of loosing the distinction between the two l's "l" may be
enough, and having "c" instead of z (which is similar to the Greek Zeta
and easier to write.)
"z" could then be used instead of yogh for the "s" sound in "measure".
Shame, though I quite like "yogh".

Any comments?