>> pudding = okakeby == okaeby = "noun weak soft solid food"

> Paul O. BARTLETT wrote:

>    Some pudding is foamy (at least the kind I used to eat as a child).

>    No, that is mashed potatoes.  Do you get the point?  Ygyde consists
>not of self-explaining compounds but of a stack of fiat decisions from
>on high.  I would say that even Esperanto's struck-together words are
>better, and I am not particularly a fan of Esperanto.

This problem is not unique to compound languages. All languages struggle
with the names of flora and fauna species. There are millions of them,
so their names are long, arbitrary, and not very precise.

If you are not a fluent Ygyde speaker, you can make the mistake of ordering
and eating the mashed potatoes instead of the pudding. If you are not a
fluent euroclone speaker, you can make the mistake of ordering and eating
industrial glue.

>    I remain to be convinced that an auxiliary language should be made
>up almost entirely of compounds from a small handful of morphemes,
>especially when those compounds may be ambiguous and/or confusing.

It is possible to make a compound language that has two and three letter
long root words. All two letter long roots would be identical with the
Ygyde roots (consonant-vowel). Examples of three letter long roots:
dla, kua, smo, fie, pui koy... Such an extended Ygyde language would
have 180 two letter roots and about four thousand three letter roots.
I feel that compound words made of these roots would sound strange:
anoibuyka, okivluadiu, ydladoy, iknoda, ofeabao, umyigeutlo...