2004-10-23 kl. 17.58 skrev Antony Alexander:

> Interesting article in yesterday's "Daily Telegraph"
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk - one has to
> register to read it online so here is the text:
>
> Gallic outrage over call for all pupils to learn English
>
> by Colin Randall   in Paris
>
> English should be made compulsory for all French schoolchildren,
> according to an official report
> which has appeared to howls of outrage from politicians and teaching
> unions.

We have had compulsory English since the 50's in Sweden. In my own
experience more and more people from France speak English. Once opun a
time it was prohibited to speak Breton, everyone should learn French
and only French. Now the French have to learn English but they can go
on using French, and no legislation will be able to stop that!

Kjell R