On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 08:13:50PM -0000, caeruleancentaur wrote:
[...]
> I was hoping that somehow in the messages I would discover what
> a "relay" was.  I haven't been able to.  Would someone explain to a
> newbie, please?

It's the CONLANG equivalent of the "telephone game". We start with a
text in conlang #1, and then pass it to the next person who translates
it into conlang #2, who then passes it to the following person, etc..
After everyone is done, the last person passes it back to the first
person who translates it back to conlang #1, and then publishes the
result so we can compare the two texts and see how they have mutated.

Lottery: tax on the stupid. -- Slashdotter