> >Also, is the Spanish ll (in the accents where it sounds similar to /dZ/)
> /z*/
> >or /L/?
> >

> In at least some it actually is [dZ)]. I'm not sure what you mean by
> '/z*/', the star isn't a Sampa, X-Sampa or CXS modifier character. You
> may be thinking in a different ASCII IPA scheme.

Yeah, sorry, I was using Carr. (which is the scheme I usally use).  I don't
know Sampa's version but it the symbol looks like "lz" or [lZ] to be more
accurate.  I don't even know what [z*] sounds like, I just threw it out there
because the way I pronounced it (based on the description) was like the spanish ll.
 I'm not the best at reading descriptions and it took me years to understand
the difference between Carr. [a] and [A].  What I usually do is find wikipedia
and look up languages that I know have the sound I'm looking for.  (In fact,
I've tried finding the ll on wikipedia, but it had [L] and I'm pretty sure [L]
sounds somewhat like [lj], and as you know, ll is perhaps the most
controversial letter among the Spanish dialects)