 --- Philip Newton skrzypszy:

> Since Steen hasn't replied yet (at least, not in this thread), I'll
> give it a shot.

Actually, I completely missed Pascal's message. I'll reply to it
below.

> (Pascal A. Kramm [about Jan van Steenbergen]:)
> > So where do you come from? You have a Dutch name,
>
> and AFAIK he's Dutch.

Yep. Every drop in my blood is Dutch, AND I AM PROUD OF IT!!! :)))
(don't take that last thing too seriously)

I should probably add that I live in the Netherlands, too. In the
town of Zaandam, to be precise.

> > a British email address,
>
> I don't know why this is. Possibly because yahoo.co.uk allows you
> to forward email, whereas, say, yahoo.com does not allow this for
> free accounts (you have to use their webmail interface).

Actually, it was merely a coincidence. Apparently I made some mistake
when I entered my data the first time. Not that I regret: with a
British account I got a little more space than with an American
account (there's no Dutch version, unfortunately), and I definitely
get less spam.

> > a French website
>
> Because Christophe Grandsire, who is French (but living in the
> Netherlands IIRC) has an account a .free.fr and could give out
> subdomains to friends, including Steen.

True. Several others of us have taken advantage of that possibility
too (David Peterson, Christopher Wright, to name a few). Now it is
unfortunately over, because free.fr has changed its policies.

> > and an indeciphrable consonant cluster as introduction line...
>
> The two 'y's in 'skrzypszy' are vowels; the word is a Wenedyk form
> of Latin 'scripsit', I believe. (Wenedyk being, very roughly
> speaking, Latin with Polish phonology, and one of Steen's
conlangs.)

Again, correct. If I ever make it to president, minister or Euro
commissioner, I promise that I will appoint thee to my official
spokesman! :))

 --- Pascal A. Kramm skrzypszy:

> >Yeah? Were exactly, if I may ask?
>
> North-Rine Westphalia, or Ruhrgebiet (Ruhr area), to be more
> precise.

I sort of knew that; actually, I was wondering about the city. I'm a
regular guest in the Ruhrgebiet myself, because my mother-in-law
lives in Essen.

Cheers,
Jan

=====
"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito."

http://steen.free.fr/